Do You Not Want Your Computer To Be Constantly On?
When using TellStick Net, there is no need to keep your computer turned on to be able to control your electronics and lights. You can control your devices or lights from a remote computer or from your smart phone.
Read more about TellStick Net:
TellStick Net - Basics
AndysHomeControl and Switch King are free third-party applications whose main focus is on scheduling your TellStick enabled electronics & lights. Both applications have the ability to to set your computer into stand-by mode so that it does not have to be constantly running. Check out the below links to find out which application will suite your needs:
Another option for not constantly having your computer on is the TellStick + Dovado UMR product combination. Simply plug TellStick into the USB port on the back of the Dovado router and off you go!
In essence the TellStick + Dovado UMR product combination works in the same manner as with TellStick connected to a computer. The TellStick still transmits signals at 433.92 MHz that turns on/off electricity on gear connected to remote control socket receivers. Just replace the computer with the router and you instantly gain access to your electronics from anywhere. You can manually automate your electronics and as well set up schedules for them.
The Dovado UMR is now being phased out by the Dovado 4GR router which is a beefed up version of the UMR. It includes all the same home automation features as the UMR by as well being fully TellStick compatible.
The product combination comes with a lot of unique and handy features, for more information go to:
TellStick + Dovado UMR/4GR Product Combination
- I want to put my electronics & lights on a schedule
- I want to control my electronics & lights based upon temperature and the sun
- I want to control my electronics & lights using a media center
- I want to control my electronics & lights using my bluetooth device
- I want to control my electronics & lights using the internet
- I want to control my electronics & lights using my mobile phone
- I want to integrate VoIP with my electronics & lights
I want a picture layout of my home in order to control my electronics & lights
- I do not want my computer to be constantly on
- I do not want to use my TellStick with a computer
- I want to decide myself what to control my TellStick with
How To Get Started:
Telldus Live! is a user friendly service for automating your TellStick connected gear using the Internet. All you need is a computer turned on and your TellStick connected to it.
Go to Telldus Live! »